One thing we adore the most about CBD is that it comes with a whole host of benefits. Regardless of your age, gender, and medical condition, there is always something you can gain from CBD.
There’s is a lot of literature about various benefits of CBD including how it acts to keep the body calm and in the state of internal equilibrium, checks chronic pain and inflammation, and so on.
Yet another area in which the use of CBD is rapidly gaining popularity is the skincare market. In fact, it is on its way to becoming a pioneer in the skincare market. Nowadays, it is infused in almost every skincare product from moisturisers and lip balms to facial masks and sunscreen, and more, the list is endless. Its antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties qualify it to become a pivotal ingredient in the skincare products.
Let’s now look at the benefits of CBD for skincare
- Helps fight Acne – In addition to genetics and other factors, one possible cause for acne is the overproduction of oil sebum by inflamed sebaceous glands in the skin. Studies have found that CBD is particularly effective at slowing or inhibiting the production of human sebocytes and thus inhibiting acne.
- Prevents Psoriasis – It is a skin disorder, characterized by a rapid build-up of skin cells that results in inflammation, redness, and scaling of the skin. As an autoimmune condition, early research suggests CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties may also help treat psoriasis.
- Treats Eczema – It is a condition that causes the patches of the skin to crack, turn red, itchy, and inflamed. CBD oil can help in treating eczema by relieving skin dryness and reducing inflammation. CBD does this by interacting with the endocannabinoid system in your body which directly relates to the allergic inflammation which is believed to be the leading cause of eczema.
- Helps in Moisture Retention – CBD skincare products like CBD-infused lotion are high in essential fatty acids like omega 3, 6, and 9; thus, it prevents moisture loss while keeping the skin well hydrated. Additionally, a 2014 study found that CBD also helps to promote oil production for managing dry skin.
- Antimicrobial – When you use CBD in your skincare routine or products it can confer immunity against microbial invasion. It forms a protective layer on the skin thus protecting it against microbe attack.
- Reduces inflammation due to sunburn – UV radiation can also be very harmful to our skin. Exposure to UV rays can cause premature aging of the skin and signs of sun damage such as wrinkles and other more severe skin issues. CBD-infused sunscreens can help reduce the inflammation and pain associated with sunburn.
- Reduces Signs of Aging Skin – CBD in skincare products may help to slow down the signs of aging such as black spots, skin dullness, skin tones, and wrinkles. Its antioxidant properties come in handy in neutralizing the harmful effects of free radicals. Data gathered from research shows that CBD elicits an antioxidant that keeps your skin healthy and smooth.
While there are endless skincare products in the market, but none seems to match CBD based products like CBD oil. CBD oil comes with a host of benefits and it can help you treat various skin related issues with no side effects, which is why you should consider using it for your skincare.
Thank you for reading this article, we appreciate your time.